The following stages are typical of a project performed at Hadassah BrainLabs:
- Hadassah BrainLabs provides a comprehensive service for studying disease models in rodents.
- Advice is provided on planning experiments including important clinical insights into the diseases being studied and on an ongoing basis during the project.
- Depending on the needs of the researcher and the project, disease models can be generated, including toxic and transgenic models and also disease-environment interaction models.
- Pharmacological interventions are implemented if required to test novel therapeutic agents.
- At the core of the Hadassah BrainLabs will be facilities for extensive behavioral phenotyping employing assays of motor function, cognition, psychosis and affect (anxiety and depression).
- A unique feature of the Hadassah BrainLabs is availability of advanced brain imaging performed on the same animals, including MRI and Micro-PET.
- An extensive array of auxiliary techniques is available including histological, biochemical, immunological and molecular assays.
- Hadassah BrainLabs also offers comprehensive statistical analysis.